Carrot Coconut Pancakes Tower with Violife Creamy Original Frosting
July 16, 2018
1. Grate the carrots, or pulse in a blender to a coarse shred and place in a bowl.
2. Pulse the walnuts to small pieces. Add them in the bowl with the carrots and mix thoroughly.
3. In a pan, add oil and heat at medium. Add the carrot walnut mixture and roast for 3 minutes. Add the sugar and spices. Mix and cook for another 4 minutes. Reserve a tbsp of the mixture to top the pancakes.
4. In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients of the pancake mix. Add the spices and mix. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine. Add more water if needed. Keep the batter thicker than usual so it can hold a lot of carrots.
5. Add the carrot walnut mixture and mix to combine.
6. Heat a pan on medium heat. Drizzle a few drops of oil. When the pan is hot, spread the batter to form almost the same size circles. The batter will be thicker than usual pancake batter, so use a spoon to shape.
7. Cook 4-6 minutes each side.
8. Make the frosting (glaze): Spoon out the Violife creamy original from the container, place in a bowl with the maple syrup and mix thoroughly, until even.
9. Prepare the pancake tower: Place a pancake on a platter, apply the frosting evenly with a spatula. Place another pancake on top and continue until you run out of pancakes.
10. Place a thick layer of frosting on top and sprinkle with the roasted carrot walnut mixture and maple syrup.
11. Cut a piece from the cake, place in a separate plate and serve.
For the Frosting
For the carrot mix
For the pancake mix
SPREAD YOUR LOVE: