Traditional Greek Stuffed Tomatoes & Peppers
May 9, 2018
1. Slice off the top of the tomatoes; using a spoon remove the flesh of the tomatoes and keep it in a bowl.
2. Slice off the top of the peppers and remove the seeds and white parts from the inside.
3. Place the empty vegetables on a large baking tray.
4. Season the empty vegetables with a pinch of salt and sugar.
5. Cut the onion in half. In a blender add the flesh of the tomatoes, the onion, the mint, the parsley, 5-6 tbsps olive oil, a bit of sugar, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
6. Place the mix back in the bowl.
7. Grate 150g of Violife Prosociano and place in a small bowl.
8. Add the quinoa and the Violife Prosociano grated and stir until combined.
9. Slice the potatoes.
10. Spoon the filling inside the empty tomatoes and peppers and place the potatoes in between the vegetables.
11. Cover the vegetables with their lids and season with salt and peppers.
12. Add the olive oil and 2-3 glasses of water.
13. Cover the tray with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 60-75 minutes. Halfway through cooking time remove the aluminium foil and bake, until nicely coloured.
14. Remove the tray from the oven.
15. Open the Violife Greek White pack and remove the piece. Place it in a separate plate. Cut the piece in quarters.
16. In another plate serve one tomato and one pepper with a few potatoes and a piece of the Violife Greek White.
SPREAD YOUR LOVE: