VEGAN MOUSSAKA WITH VIOLIFE BLOCK ORIGINAL & VIOLIFE PROSOCIANO
January 28, 2019
1. Chop the tomatoes and the onions. Mash the garlic clove.
2. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pot. Add the onions and cook until softened. Add the garlic, tomatoes, lentils, 50g Violife Prosociano, smoked paprika, ¼ tsp pepper and the water. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a grill pan. Add the eggplant slices and cook on both sides until golden. You may also cook them in a preheated grill set to medium heat.
4. To prepare the moussaka, you can use a baking pan or individual ramekins. Spread some of the lentil mixture on the bottom. Add a layer of eggplant slices. Repeat the same process, until all of the ingredients are done, ending with a layer of eggplant.
5. To prepare the top layer: cut the potatoes and boil them until soft.
6. While the potatoes are boiling, grate the Violife block original and the Violife Prosociano.
7. Mash the potatoes with a fork. Add olive oil, coconut butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the Violife grated and mix thoroughly, until it becomes a smooth cream.
8. When ready, remove from heat. Pour the mixture over the top layer of eggplants. Sprinkle with the Violife Prosociano.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ο C for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
For top layer:
SPREAD YOUR LOVE: