Vegan Polenta Pizza
August 30, 2018
For the polenta:
1. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Whisk in the salt and polenta.
3. Reduce the heat to low and whisk the polenta continuously until slightly thickened and no longer sticking to the bottom of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Cover and continue cooking, stirring and scraping the sides of the pan every 10 minutes, until the polenta is soft and creamy, 25 to 30 minutes total.
5. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with the oil.
6. Pour and spread the polenta out onto the prepared baking sheet into small circles about 1 cm thick.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
For the Pizza:
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 200ο C.
2. Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator. Drizzle 1/2 of the oil onto the polenta crust.
3. Bake until it begins to crisp around the edges, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and top with Violife Grated Original and cherry tomatoes.
5. Drizzle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
6. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes, and top with fresh basil before cutting and serving.